Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's been a Month

Exactly a month ago i started this journey not knowing what's waiting for me at the next corner of the street and here i am writing this blog looking at the bygone days. I am sure soon there will be a time when i will be writing a similar blog with a nostalgia attached to it. Anyways for now let me talk about the present and the past. Well i was amidst reading Law of Diminishing Returns and Product Costs when it sunk in that i have finished my first one month here at XL. I just couldn't resist the temptation of writing few words here. Though i think the Opportunity cost of this time i am spending could be quite high if spoil my Microeconomics test the coming Tuesday. Nonetheless i had to record this historic (phun intent ed) moment of life. It's has been one heck of an experience so far, just one month and i have made so many friends. I still remember on the last 12th when i walked out of D-Block i met a bunch of guys standing outside waiting for someone and i just went up to the group and introduced myself. Life is so funny sometimes , it so happens i have been hanging around with those guys for most of the time at XL now. Having said that I think it would be unfair if i don't mention about so many friends we have formed in various assignment groups. It's giving me a life time opportunity to learn various perspectives what each person can bring to a problem and how each one has a different perception of the issue in hand.

Just to quickly compile on the happenings of last one month
1. 4 Days of hectic induction programme. ( why did i leave my job :-( )
2. Officially Classes Begin ( Well it's not all that boring )
3. B'day Celebration at GMP Mess ( Am i back to college days ? )
4. Committee formations ( I chose to join Media Committee )
5. Cocktail Party ( Oh yes boy - its time to have fun )
6. Accountancy Test (Goodwill is Intangible not an Intangible Asset :-( )
7. Industry Visit (It's no fun to work 350 M below earth , Stop
complaining about your job )
8 , 9 , 10.. yet to come.. time to get back to books.
2:27 AM

No comments: